Welcome to the Department of Public Works
The Elk Grove Public Works Department is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of many activities and functions within the City. These responsibilities include designing, constructing, operating and maintaining the City’s road network and drainage systems as well as the management of the City’s solid waste (trash) and transit services.
The Department’s key objective is to meet the needs of the city residents and ensure that infrastructure and facilities comply with the standards and expectations set forth by the City Council.
The Department’s goal is to offer city residents the highest level of service possible.
|Bids and RFPs||Public Meetings||Report a Problem||GIS|
Current Updates and News
- Elk Grove Creek Foul Odor Due to Drought Conditions, Early Rain
- Elk Grove Drought and Water Conservation
- Whitelock Parkway and State Route 99 Interchange
- 2014 - 2015 Residential Street Sweeping
- State Route 99 / Whitelock Interchange
- Elk Grove Boulevard/SR 99 Interchange Modifications Project Breaks Ground
- Park Design Workshops for Horseshoe Park
- Transportation Systems Master Plan
- Kammerer Road Project